Prahran Assumption Football Club is delighted to announce that ACK Old Collegian (2001), the highly decorated and respected Eric Kuret, will be playing for us in Season 2017.
Eric comes to us having had an amazing footballing career:
· Captain of Assumption College First XVIII in 2001; best and fairest First XVIII in 2001 and runner up best and fairest First XVIII as a Year 11 in 2000
· Member of the Calder Cannons Grand Final win in 2001 Grand Final win
· Played at Coburg FC from 2002-2006 where he was captain of the club in 2005
· Selected as starting half forward flank for Coburg’s “team of alignment” with Richmond FC (2001-2013)
· Premiership player at Balranald FC 2009
· Best on ground in winning 2009 Grand Final
· Best and Fairest in competition – Central Murray Football League 2009
· Runner Up Best and Fairest at Balranald FC 2009, 2010
· Best and Fairest at Balranald FC 2011
· 3 x premiership player at Greenvale FC in A-Grade EDFL – 2007, 2012 and 2013
· 2 x best and Fairest at Greenvale FC – 2008 and 2012 (premiership year)
· Best on ground in winning 2013 Grand Final
· Captain of Essendon District Football League (EDFL) A-Grade Interleague team in 2013
· Best and Fairest with QAFL side Winston Grange in 2015
Having vigorously chased him since the entity Prahran Assumption was born in late 2010, the lure of finishing his footy playing days in the old school colours, helping mentor younger players, meeting new people within the PAFC network and satisfying his competitive urge were ultimately the lures for to convince Eric to finish his playing days off wearing his old school jumper.
Eric and his wife Rachael became parents in July of 2016 to their beautiful daughter Isla, and we look forward to welcoming them both to the club as well once the season gets underway.
Welcome to the Prahran Assumption FC family Eric, Rachael and Isla!